Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Has been randomly happening over the past month or so, and I am currently on iOS 14.7.1. People will send me messages, and I won't get any lockscreen notifications of any kind. I will only get a notification if I unlock my phone, or sometimes not even until I open the application. Has anyone else experienced this? Seems to happen for no reason.

BR4DOKYBrazil

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2018
Londrina - PR / Brazil
Rarely do I not receive notification, but it happens. But I see messages arriving and loading when opening the app, even with Background Refresh enabled. This has been happening for 5 months.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Has been randomly happening over the past month or so, and I am currently on iOS 14.7.1. People will send me messages, and I won't get any lockscreen notifications of any kind. I will only get a notification if I unlock my phone, or sometimes not even until I open the application. Has anyone else experienced this? Seems to happen for no reason.

Please check WhatsApp notification settings. You may also want to uninstall and reinstall it after backing up your WhatsApp data to iCloud.

lia1tan

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
United States
This happened to me too and this thread was helpful for me (in particular the one that has you download business WhatsApp).

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Ooof. Having read through that, it doesn't exactly seem like an easy fix. I wonder what could be causing it.

humpbacktwale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
Ok so it also happens with Signal, and I think it happens when I go from Mobile Data to Wifi. Only way to fix it seems to be to turn wifi off, then turn it back on and reconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.