Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
Not sure if this is an iOS 11 Beta 4 bug or a phone issue, but no one can hear me when they call me on my phone. If I call myself on another phone there is no sound whatsoever coming from my iphone.

The phone is an iPhone 7 Plus.

Last night I reset all settings on it and it is still happening.

Should I take it to Apple or is this an iOS 11 Beta 4 issue?

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
I have been trying to make a Genius Bar Reservation Online and keep getting "please enter a valid email address" when I try selecting a time. There is no place to put in an email address and I am logged into my Apple Account.

Grr...
[doublepost=1501087452][/doublepost]Looks like Apple is having issues... I called Apple Support and even Apple couldn't make me an appointment for the Genius Bar. They had a couple people try on different machines there.

They did however say that they have received a number of calls on this no mic on phone calls on iOS Beta 4 today so they are thinking its a beta issue and not a hardware issue.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Not sure if this is an iOS 11 Beta 4 bug or a phone issue, but no one can hear me when they call me on my phone. If I call myself on another phone there is no sound whatsoever coming from my iphone.

The phone is an iPhone 7 Plus.

Last night I reset all settings on it and it is still happening.

Should I take it to Apple or is this an iOS 11 Beta 4 issue?

I had the same problem after installing beta 4. I fixed it by turning OFF BT and then doing a hard restart. After that my sound (outgoing) is back to normal.

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
I do find that people can hear me if I turn on the Speaker Phone.

Great Rsmith, I will give that a try now. Now by Hard Reset do you mean wipe the phone? Or just do a reset of all settings?

Thanks!

Dreads

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2015

Great Rsmith, I will give that a try now. Now by Hard Reset do you mean wipe the phone? Or just do a reset of all settings?

Thanks!
[doublepost=1501091213][/doublepost]I have the same issue with iPhone 7+ after taking it t to Apple Store it turned out to be my phone case was blocking the rear microphone so now I have to remove it from the case to make a call

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
[doublepost=1501091213][/doublepost]
I have the same issue with iPhone 7+ after taking it t to Apple Store it turned out to be my phone case was blocking the rear microphone so now I have to remove it from the case to make a call

I don't have a case on mine. Or any kind of protectors.

For now if I want to use my phone I need to put it on Speakerphone.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Apple will likely not do anything with iOS 11 Beta 4 on the phone. Try restoring to 10.3.3 and see if the issue persists.

its not likely, they won't. its in the terms for both the developer and the public seed downloads. and if you got the OS files from some other source then you weren't authorized to have them and you modified your phone and they can refuse for that.

restore the phone and see if the issue happens, if it does then take it in with the public software installed

lemimouth

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2015
Apple will likely not do anything with iOS 11 Beta 4 on the phone

I once had a problem with the GPS that suddenly stopped working on my 7+. I was on 10.x beta.

I took an appointment at the Genius Bar, without saying anything about the beta. They ran some diagnostics, they asked me if I tried to restore my phone (which in fact I had, with the latest non beta iOS, but the problem was still there so I reinstalled the beta) and they swipped my phone without any further question because the diagnostic didn't show anything wrong (but the GPS clearly wasn't working).

Reactions: RadioGaGa1984

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I just finished dealing with the this issue. I had a warranty replacement 7+ for less than 2 weeks. It ended up being a faulty lightening port mic. You need a replacement.

scottct1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Connecticut USA
its not likely, they won't. its in the terms for both the developer and the public seed downloads. and if you got the OS files from some other source then you weren't authorized to have them and you modified your phone and they can refuse for that.
I am a developer who pays the $99 a year for it, not a public tester.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA

Thanks!
Sorry I missed this yesterday. When I said hard reset I meant holding the power + VOL down buttons (for an iphone 7+) until the screen goes dark and keep holding until the apple logo appears.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.