Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Scott Morrison said:
A self-professed “newbie” on the MacRumors website, he decried Apple's betrayal of its faithful customers and pledged never again to use a Macintosh.
You still feel the same way?

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Macmadant said:
well not now but i might be, by january
You do realize what makes Apple and Macs great is OSX, and not the chip that powers it, right? There could be a hamster running a treadmill in my G5 and I wouldn't really care nor mind.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Okay that's scary. Just shows the frailty and lack of understanding on the part of journos and FT writers -- to write about what we are saying on this site? Scary. Weird scary. They can't do the work of a real writer and make a proper assessment themselves? Guess not. But kind of cool for you to be in FT.

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
If Apple's popularity increases I imagine that Macrumors will become higher profile as a result.

Watch what you say around here! you might end up being quoted!:eek:

Macmadant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
Lord Blackadder said:
If Apple's popularity increases I imagine that Macrumors will become higher profile as a result.

Watch what you say around here! you might end up being quoted!:eek:

the more commen apple become the more viruses will be produced only reason there is windows viruses is becuase they own 95%
totally random point btw

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Macmadant said:
the more commen apple become the more viruses will be produced only reason there is windows viruses is becuase they own 95%

Not to belabor this already belaboured (1 for you UKers) point.. but I don't think this is entirely true.

There's a lot of reasons that there are Windows viruses, but despite the whole market share issue, there are TENS of MILLIONS of Macs running OS X. To date, there's been no mass viruses that affect OS X (4 years of 'viable' versions). There were some rootkit-type things, but they all required the user's interaction to compromise. I'm sure some motivated individuals have attempted to write a 'virus'/'trojan' for Mac OS X..

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
He also published the same article as 'Mactivists' support switchover to Intel in the Irish Times on June 10, 2005.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
yellow said:
Not to belabor this already belaboured (the u is for you UKers) point.. but I don't think this is entirely true.

Quick, somebody dig up links to all the "If Macs become popular they will be infested with virii too" threads, because we don't want to have this argument again do we? :rolleyes: ;)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Lord Blackadder said:
Quick, somebody dig up links to all the "If Macs become popular they will be infested with virii too" threads, because we don't want to have this argument again do we?

Please, for the love of flapjacks, no!

I have a hard enough time not going postal when I see "MAC" not referring to a hardware address!

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
yellow said:
Please, for the love of flapjacks, no!
Even with my prowess at search, I don't think I could. It's everywhere! :eek:

I see stupid posts. It's everywhere!

Here's to the Crazy Ones

aquajet

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2005
VA
California said:
Okay that's scary. Just shows the frailty and lack of understanding on the part of journos and FT writers -- to write about what we are saying on this site? Scary. Weird scary. They can't do the work of a real writer and make a proper assessment themselves? Guess not. But kind of cool for you to be in FT.

I tend to agree with you. Not to belittle any fellow macrumorer's (is that a word?) assessment.
;)

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Obviously a very creative and knowledgeable journalist if he relies on rumour sites to base his articles on. :rolleyes:

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Bern said:
Obviously a very creative and knowledgeable journalist if he relies on rumour sites to base his articles on. :rolleyes:

Yeah it sort of burns me up that this Scott whatever-his-last-name-was-lazy-journo made money off of what was said in a thread on MR. I wonder what the real legalities of this are, as in, who owns the copyright?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.