Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by edvniow

Just a bunch of Monty Python sounds that I thought spoke to me. :)

i sometimes find it funny, but so many of my friends are huge fans of monty python

i love british humor and british movies in general...i was lucky enough to be a university student in london during my undergrad days way, way back when maggie was PM

after, that i started understanding british humor a lot more...still, some of the newer stuff loses me since there are a lot of new slang terms out there

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Originally posted by jefhatfield

i sometimes find it funny, but so many of my friends are huge fans of monty python

i love british humor and british movies in general...i was lucky enough to be a university student in london during my undergrad days way, way back when maggie was PM

after, that i started understanding british humor a lot more...still, some of the newer stuff loses me since there are a lot of new slang terms out there

I first got into it while playing a Monty Python PC game a few years back. It was the funniest, most bizarre and twisted thing I'd ever seen, (keep in mind that I was about 12, I've seen much more twisted things now and can think them at will!:D) I tried to find it again, but I never could.:( I talked my mom into buying a couple of the movies and a 12-tape collection and then I really got into it. I watch BBC from time to time, but usually only if that's on. That Ghram Norton guy's pretty funny though. :)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000

I first got into it while playing a Monty Python PC game a few years back. It was the funniest, most bizarre and twisted thing I'd ever seen, (keep in mind that I was about 12, I've seen much more twisted things now and can think them at will!:D) I tried to find it again, but I never could.:( I talked my mom into buying a couple of the movies and a 12-tape collection and then I really got into it. I watch BBC from time to time, but usually only if that's on. That Ghram Norton guy's pretty funny though. :)

youre kidding me...right?

monty python had a pc game?

i wonder what the system requirements were:D :p :)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002

youre kidding me...right?

monty python had a pc game?

i wonder what the system requirements were:D :p :)

No joke here. I bought it as a birthday present for a friend of mine and liked it so much that I tried to find one for myself, but they were gone by then. There were at least two, if I'm not mistaken.

I think the system requirements were a naked fat lady (so you could bounce off her stomach) a set of lumberjack flannel, an exploding penguin and a dead parrot.
:D

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000

No joke here. I bought it as a birthday present for a friend of mine and liked it so much that I tried to find one for myself, but they were gone by then. There were at least two, if I'm not mistaken.

I think the system requirements were a naked fat lady (so you could bounce off her stomach) a set of lumberjack flannel, an exploding penguin and a dead parrot.
:D

LOL

do you need a panasonic toughbook with waterproof keyboard in case you projectile vomit on it?

...and stay away from sharp objects like medieval long swords lest they cut off your limbs?

i wonder where dukestreet, krossfyter, and rower_cpu are?

i know at least two of them are big MP fans...they took over...i mean hijacked, a few threads in the past with monty python talk

get me on british movies, and i will go on forever

did you see "secrets and lies"? great movie

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002

i wonder where dukestreet, krossfyter, and rower_cpu are?

i know at least two of them are big MP fans...they took over...i mean hijacked, a few threads in the past with monty python talk

get me on british movies, and i will go on forever

did you see "secrets and lies"? great movie

I think duke and krossfyter logged off for the night. I just saw Rower a little while ago.
Haven't seen Secrets and Lies yet. The last great movie I saw was Y Tu Mama Tambien. I saw Road to Perdition and Minority report too, but Y Mama was raunchy, and I like raunchy.:D I'll look for it next time I go out though.
:)

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000

I think duke and krossfyter logged off for the night. I just saw Rower a little while ago.
Haven't seen Secrets and Lies yet. The last great movie I saw was Y Tu Mama Tambien. I saw Road to Perdition and Minority report too, but Y Mama was raunchy, and I like raunchy.:D I'll look for it next time I go out though.

i just told rower about this "hijacked" thread

anyway, i am near the silicon valley and i know people and have known people who work for ibm, and the power 4 thing is not even good enough to be a rumor, really...macworld online canned any talk about it

but back to monty python and brit movies, i guess it's ok that we get all the monty python fans and take over this forum for ten days...as in some sort of a hunger strike:p

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002

i just told rower about this "hijacked" thread

anyway, i am near the silicon valley and i know people and have known people who work for ibm, and the power 4 thing is not even good enough to be a rumor, really...macworld online canned any talk about it

but back to monty python and brit movies, i guess it's ok that we get all the monty python fans and take over this forum for ten days...as in some sort of a hunger strike:p

Hey I live near Silicon Valley, too, my dad works at Cisco.
Speaking of hijacking threads, did you read the Avatar poll? Half of it's in German.:D
Rower's still online, I'm sure he'll be here shortly. I'll see if I can try to find that game on the web.

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000

[. I saw Road to Perdition

oh, i heard a lot about that one!

is it oscar time for tom hanks again?

that would make three for him...jack n has three oscars

he could have just as easily won it for apollo 13 and cast away as much as for philedelphia...all were great movies

forrest gump was definitely the greatest

but later i saw pulp fiction and i realized that movie was just as deserving of an oscar

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002

oh, i heard a lot about that one!

is it oscar time for tom hanks again?

that would make three for him...jack n has three oscars

he could have just as easily won it for apollo 13 and cast away as much as for philedelphia...all were great movies

forrest gump was definitely the greatest

but later i saw pulp fiction and i realized that movie was just as deserving of an oscar

Yep, looks like Oscar time for Tom I never knew he could be so cold!
Anywayz, found the games. There's three, but they're all for PC.
:(

cick for the meaning of life

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000

Hey I live near Silicon Valley, too, my dad works at Cisco.
Speaking of hijacking threads, did you read the Avatar poll? Half of it's in German.:D
Rower's still online, I'm sure he'll be here shortly. I'll see if I can try to find that game on the web.

cisco...yikes...i have to take a couple of more classes there before i get my ccna and hopefully ccnp down the line...later on

and soon, i want to get my master's in cs in networking...but more towards lan security and not so much the wan stuff as cisco specializes in

wan could be huge again if dot.com would only come back...cisco was growing at twelve times the rate as it has been since the crash of dot.com...they were on track to literally be larger than microsoft...imagine that

i think cisco is safe for the future, but i still would not put my money in individual cisco stock

but cisco is almost as solid as...monty python:D :D :D :D :D

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Road to Perdition was great!

I heard about that MP game, but never tried it...let us know if you find the link. :)

god, it would take me all night since the original topic was something related to something else

i thought you were in on the MP hijack of that thread

only personal insults regarding the beliefs on pot hijack threads more than monty python here

and i think people here, many of them, like radiohead...who i know nothing about

i must really be old or something

i do remember yellow submarine as a child...it was my favorite song and i liked the monkees and i thought the two were the same band

;)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Yup, Radiohead fan here, too.

That "are you a stoner" thread turned bad for a while, but I think it's back on track now...that guy was a troll. ;)

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
Yup, Radiohead fan here, too.

That "are you a stoner" thread turned bad for a while, but I think it's back on track now...that guy was a troll. ;)

Yeah, I almost contacted a mod before that thread got back on track.
Anywayz, the Meaning of life game was discontinued at Amazon, but I found an eBay link:
click me now

Edit: found the Looney Bin game on eBay too:click again

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
Holy crap!!!

When did you put that Tenacious D lyric in your sig?!?!?

The D fricken rocks!!!

Just a couple hours ago; Looks like you've been eating a lot of

Attachments

• sugar2.gif
    sugar2.gif
    6 KB · Views: 312

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Just a couple hours ago; Looks like you've been eating a lot of

Ha, no, I'm just happy to find another D fan.

Their album kicks major ass, and the HBO show was great!

It's also funny how JB and KG always do movies together...

"This is the greatest and best song in the world............tribute"

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
Yeah I'm listening to them right now, I've got their album on my computer plus a bunch of their live stuff (the spiderman song, f*cking great) Never saw the HBO show. I think it went off before I got cable. Maybe it'll come out on DVD soon. :p

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
That would be awesome if they released a DVD.

I got hooked on a bunch of bootleg MP3s long before their album came out..."Spiderman", "Sasquatch", "Shells", "Hari Krishna"...ah, so many..."Cabana Bowie" is great, or just the bowie knife song...too funny.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I've got an MP3 of them doing a song called 'I'm the Only Gay Eskimo', at least I think it's them someone told me that it was somebody else, but I'm not sure, did they do it on the HBO show? It's funnier than sh*t whoever does it.

Okay, uh, the next band asked me to read this; stick around if you don't mind some cream in your jeans. here they are, Tenacious D. (Cosmic Shame)

Cappy

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2002

I gotta go with you, jef on this one. If Intel doesn't have something up its sleeve, the Clawhammer is going to, well, hammer the Itanuim into the ground. Compatibility is more important than speed in this case. :)

It's interesting how everyone has jumped aboard the AMD express and is predicting that the clawhammer will put the hurt'n on Intel if Intel does not provide a similar answer. Odds are MS will force Intel to do just that but the thing people are forgetting is that Intel has tons of mindshare and money that they can use to keep AMD from getting much of anywhere. AMD will not succeed if they don't come up with a few big names...namely Dell and HP. At least one of them has to commit to it for a good length of time.

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
Originally posted by Cappy

It's interesting how everyone has jumped aboard the AMD express and is predicting that the clawhammer will put the hurt'n on Intel if Intel does not provide a similar answer. Odds are MS will force Intel to do just that but the thing people are forgetting is that Intel has tons of mindshare and money that they can use to keep AMD from getting much of anywhere. AMD will not succeed if they don't come up with a few big names...namely Dell and HP. At least one of them has to commit to it for a good length of time.

Off topic, back to Tenacious D/Monty Python :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.