Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
No price drops yet, or powerbook update, when do you think any of them will happen?

Thank you,

igmolinav.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
igmolinav said:
No price drops yet, or powerbook update, when do you think any of them will happen?

Thank you,

igmolinav.

I'm expecting updates this week to occur along with Paris Expo 9/20 - 24. Update possible tomorrow. Most of the time Apple increases the specifications and nether lowers or raises the price. The older version usually gets a lower price though.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Probably in the next couple of weeks. That'll happen when something isn't ready in time for an expo, or they just release a minor speed bump or price drop. PowerMacs are more than likely next up, but if we don't see updates to either by early November, it isn't happening until mid to late January. :(

igmolinav

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I hoped for a price drop in powerbooks ....

Hi !!!

I hoped for a price drop in powerbooks this week but looks like my hope will vanish (just a little, he, he)

Best,

igmolinav.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
igmolinav said:
... I hoped for a price drop in powerbooks this week but looks like my hope will vanish (just a little, he, he)

Expectations of a price drop on Apple products is like patiently waiting for President Bush to acknowledge mistakes relating to the mess in Iraq. Anything is possible, but I hope you can hold your breath for quite some time.

FF_productions

macrumors 68030
Apr 16, 2005
Mt. Prospect, Illinois
everyone is trying to figure out when these updates are going to happen. We'll see what happens during this Apple Expo, we are 2 days into it, and we have gotten nothing. I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst to happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.