Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I have several devices that cannot be upgraded, but the rest of the house is on the latest.
I am not seeing an architecture upgrade prompt or option. How can I trigger or debug this?

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004

title: No prompt for new architecture​

I am not seeing an architecture upgrade prompt or option. How can I trigger or debug this?

If you turned down the option to upgrade architecture once, then it's never going to ask you again.

However, the option is still there...

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I had checked that.
News update: my wife's iPad had not been updated to 16.4.1. After the update I can find the Upgrade under software update.
@sparky672 is correct that there is no prompt after refusing to upgrade the first time.

Now the question is, do I have the guts? It will disable HomeKit on a couple of older Macs I still use, but not my three main drivers.

--> later: process was quick and painless. There was a notification listing the systems and people that were not able to comply. It immediately prompted me for the sound-based fire alarm notification.

Last edited:

jgonzo

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2009
Beware... I updated architecture with 16.4.1 and it's been a mess. Wished I didn't update as everything was good before. Automations are not working consistently. Can't get my apple tv to be recognized even after resetting and re-adding to home. Commonly get no response with most accessories. Major headache and do not want to rebuild my home...but may have to. I have about 20 different accessories. If I could go back, I would in a minute. Good luck!

haralds

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
So far, everything looks ok.
Home Assistant running on a Synology VM required rebooting, then pool, fans, and Ecowitt weather reconnected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.