Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goldenorb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
I cannot lock/unlock my Yale Assure locks with the iM1 module using the Apple Home app. This had been working for many months and, all of a sudden stopped working.

The locks appear in the Home app, and I receive HomeKit notifications when the lock state changes manually or via the Yale app (which can still lock/unlock the doors).

Are other people running into similar problems? Does anyone know what could have caused these doors to stop working?

Thanks 🙏

erihp

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2020
Have you checked the batteries?

Can you describe what happens when you toggle the lock?

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I cannot lock/unlock my Yale Assure locks with the iM1 module using the Apple Home app. This had been working for many months and, all of a sudden stopped working.

The locks appear in the Home app, and I receive HomeKit notifications when the lock state changes manually or via the Yale app (which can still lock/unlock the doors).

Are other people running into similar problems? Does anyone know what could have caused these doors to stop working?

Thanks 🙏
I have Yale locks on my house. Today I tested them remotely using the Home App and I was able to lock and unlock remotely.

goldenorb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2024
Wow! There were so many responses so quickly. Thanks! This is an active community. 💪

-----

I checked the batteries, and they are all good.

When I tap the button in the Home app to lock or unlock, the card updates and says "Locking..." with a little spinner icon afterward. Eventually, the request times out, and the card says "No response" where it would have the "Locking..." message previously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.