Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
Has anyone had any issues with general HomeKit functionality since updating to the new architecture? I did the update on my end a couple of weeks ago and since then most of my devices haven't been working right through the Home app. Devices show up as No Response all the time. It used to be that I could play something on a HomePod and it would shake everything loose and all start working again, but now that's not working anymore. Siri commands work, but the app itself won't show anything other than No Response almost all the time (see screenshot). All of these devices are working fine in their native apps, just falling down in the Home app.

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 6.56.37 PM.png

I have restarted my hub devices. I've made sure my router software is up to date. I've power cycled all of my network equipment. I really don't want to delete the home and start over with re-adding my devices, so I'm hoping someone else has a good idea for something to try.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Hi, I’ve experienced the same problem. I’ve updated the home app to the new architecture and all accessories connected to my Phillips hue bridge were suddenly stuck on “updating” and after a while they have stopped responding.

Currently I’m in a phase we’re I have removed the hue
bridge from the home app and also from the Phillips hue app. I have been able to add it back to Phillips hue app and the accessories are working from there, however when I try to add the hue bridge back to home app I am being prompted that the Phillips hue Bridge is must be removed first before it can be added. So I am kind of stuck and looking for a tip how to fix this.
Hopefully you have had luck and solved your problem, but I can only hope

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
I'm following this thread as I have the exact same issue currently. I transitioned to the new architecture months ago without any issue, but it suddenly stopped working last week. I tried everything (resetting HomePods, resetting Hue hub, disabling/enabling iCloud, rebooting my router, creating a new home from scratch, nuking all my home data with the dedicated iPhone profile), no luck so far. No problem controlling my lights in the dedicated app. Only thing new is I shared access to my home with my partner for the first time in the Home App

I also have this strange issue where my HomePods are stuck on configuring, it's been like that for days.

Kenny99

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2018
ST. Louis, Mo.
Updated iPhone, iPad, MAC Mini M1, and Apple TV 4K to IOS 17 Beta 2. HomePods don't update again. Have to try to three or more times to even see them in the software update. (same problem in Beta 1)

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Has anyone had any issues with general HomeKit functionality since updating to the new architecture? I did the update on my end a couple of weeks ago and since then most of my devices haven't been working right through the Home app. Devices show up as No Response all the time. It used to be that I could play something on a HomePod and it would shake everything loose and all start working again, but now that's not working anymore. Siri commands work, but the app itself won't show anything other than No Response almost all the time (see screenshot). All of these devices are working fine in their native apps, just falling down in the Home app.

View attachment 2216232

I have restarted my hub devices. I've made sure my router software is up to date. I've power cycled all of my network equipment. I really don't want to delete the home and start over with re-adding my devices, so I'm hoping someone else has a good idea for something to try.
I've had the exact same issue you're experiencing since I've updated to the new architecture also. All the device apps work with no issues, Home always shows "no response". Don't expect Apple to fix the issue as I've had this problem since day 1 of the new architecture release and after Apple re-released it after making changes to supposedly make it work properly....

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I've had the exact same issue you're experiencing since I've updated to the new architecture also. All the device apps work with no issues, Home always shows "no response". Don't expect Apple to fix the issue as I've had this problem since day 1 of the new architecture release and after Apple re-released it after making changes to supposedly make it work properly....

Knock on wood, but the issue has seemingly resolved itself on my end since updating 16.5.1 on iOS and iPadOS and Venture 13.4.1 yesterday. No clue why that would do anything, but here we are.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
By any chance, is there any update on that? Did someone find a fix? I’m still unable to control my Hue lights in the Home app, and it starts to be quite annoying

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
I just find out today that turning off private wifi address fixes this. Go to your settings, Wifi, click the "i" icon next to your wifi network you are connected to and there you have the setting. Hope it will help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.