Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hey Guys, My wife has an Apple Watch Hermes. She got a new phone ( 15 Pro Max ) She set it up as new.. Didn't want to restore from a Icloud back up. We unpaired the watch, When we set her phone up and paired the watch to the new phone it didn't give us an option to restore the watch from a back up.. Is there any way to restore the watch from Icloud backup on a new phone set up ? Thanks in advance for any replies..

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Make sure you are signed into iCloud (the same account used to backup the watch) on the new iPhone. Unpair and try to re-pair the watch.

Reactions: harleymhs

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Make sure you are signed into iCloud (the same account used to backup the watch) on the new iPhone. Unpair and try to re-pair the watch.
I did that. I started as new set phone up as new, went to pair the watch on new phone set up and NO option to restore from back up option ..

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
Watch data is stored on your iPhone, which is then included in the iCloud Backup. If the iCloud backup wasn't restored then there's no Watch data to restore. If the old data was transferred iPhone to iPhone, then that should work for restoring a Watch.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Watch data is stored on your iPhone, which is then included in the iCloud Backup. If the iCloud backup wasn't restored then there's no Watch data to restore. If the old data was transferred iPhone to iPhone, then that should work for restoring a Watch.
THANK YOU! That's what I expected!

Reactions: kitKAC

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
FYI. You can back up your watch faces separately. I put them in a folder in my files app.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
FYI. You can back up your watch faces separately. I put them in a folder in my files app.
How do you do that? WOW I didn't know that was an option. Can I do this on my old phone then transfer the watch face files to the new phone? thank you !

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
How do you do that? WOW I didn't know that was an option. Can I do this on my old phone then transfer the watch face files to the new phone? thank you !
Hi. Go to the watch faces on the watch app. Then for each face click on the share arrow on the upper right then save it.
And yes you can do that on the old phone as long as the watch is still synced to that phone.
I manually save my faces before switching to a new watch or phone.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hi. Go to the watch faces on the watch app. Then for each face click on the share arrow on the upper right then save it.
And yes you can do that on the old phone as long as the watch is still synced to that phone.
I manually save my faces before switching to a new watch or phone.
Lost the old faces... The phone and watch were paired , but the phone was set us as new not from a Icloud back up, we are restoring the old 11 pro max now and restore from a computer back up we will see if this restores the watch too from the computer back up. Then grab the old Hermes faces and re pair to the 15 pro max and try to get the saved faces on tat phone! Don't think the computer back up will have the watch back up as well. Keep u posted ! Thank you or your HELP!

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
MY WIFE IS A HAPPY WIFE NOW! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! IT WOW It worked! Restored the old 11 Pro Max from her back up on her Imac. Unpaired the watch from the 15 Pro Max, Paired to the 11 Pro Max.. Then had to update to IOS 17 .. then we paired the watch to the 11 Pro then it restored the watch from back up and we were able to save the old Hermes Watch faces to files in the cloud, Repaired the watch to the 15 pro and all her old original faces are BACK! THANK YOU again! She also thanks you ! ! !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.