Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RipNoCellular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2018
Leuven, België
So I woke up one morning and noticed that when I turned off airplane mode I couldn't get any signal.
I literally tried everything from resetting everything, setting up as a new phone etc...
I went to apple with it and they couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware. They also did a couple restores in the store themselves without a solution. They told me that for 350 euro they could give me another 6S. I refused this because this phone is 3 months old. (This one is a replacement already for my previous one that had motherboard issues, at that point I was 9 days past my warranty so they couldn't help me anymore unless I paid for it.)

I really hope someone here got a solution, I tried everything I can possibly think off but nothing seems to work. I'm kind of desperate at the moment.

Many thanks in advance.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So I woke up one morning and noticed that when I turned off airplane mode I couldn't get any signal.
I literally tried everything from resetting everything, setting up as a new phone etc...
I went to apple with it and they couldn't find anything wrong with the hardware. They also did a couple restores in the store themselves without a solution. They told me that for 350 euro they could give me another 6S. I refused this because this phone is 3 months old. (This one is a replacement already for my previous one that had motherboard issues, at that point I was 9 days past my warranty so they couldn't help me anymore unless I paid for it.)

I really hope someone here got a solution, I tried everything I can possibly think off but nothing seems to work. I'm kind of desperate at the moment.

Many thanks in advance.
Shouldn't this replacement still be under warranty then and they should be able to replace it that way?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No this happened 9 days after the warranty expired on the replacement device. Which makes this all the more painful
So the previous replacement was 9 days past the warranty and this one is 9 days past the warranty too?

RipNoCellular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2018
Leuven, België
So the previous replacement was 9 days past the warranty and this one is 9 days past the warranty too?
No the previous replacement was 3 months before warranty expired. They gave me a new one ( the one that I have at the moment) with a 3 month warranty. 9 days after this warranty expired the issue with cellular started.

Sorry if it's confusing, english ain't my main language :/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No the previous replacement was 3 months before warranty expired. They gave me a new one ( the one that I have at the moment) with a 3 month warranty. 9 days after this warranty expired the issue with cellular started.

Sorry if it's confusing, english ain't my main language :/
Got it. Yeah, that's pretty unfortunate. Maybe you can talk to a manager at a local store or contact Apple directly to see what they can do and if some exception can be made in relation to being 9 days over given the nature of the issue where it doesn't appear that it could have been your fault?

RipNoCellular

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2018
Leuven, België
Got it. Yeah, that's pretty unfortunate. Maybe you can talk to a manager at a local store or contact Apple directly to see what they can do and if some exception can be made in relation to being 9 days over given the nature of the issue where it doesn't appear that it could have been your fault?
Yeah I was hoping for their goodwill but seems like they won't go for it, while understandable since i'm over warranty it still sucks for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.