Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacCubed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 26, 2014
Florida
The doesn't seem to be a shuffle artist button in the new music app!! I have been making playlists by artist and then shuffling those, but the fact that the feature isn't present in the app by default is problematic to me... Hopefully it's added by the time iOS 10 is made public

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The doesn't seem to be a shuffle artist button in the new music app!! I have been making playlists by artist and then shuffling those, but the fact that the feature isn't present in the app by default is problematic to me... Hopefully it's added by the time iOS 10 is made public

The Music app you see in beta 1 of iOS 10 is an early version and not finished. Don't panic yet.

Reactions: Armen

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
The 'Shuffle all' option is at the top of the playlist, but not in the artwork/now playing screen - so just press it before you start :)

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
There is a Shuffle toggle in the Now Playing/full screen player. Just scroll down a tad. Right side. Shuffle and Repeat toggles.

Ahh yes of course, totally forgot you could swipe up. They should add the like/dislike button in there as well. Bit of a pain having to press the ellipsis (...) to bring that menu up - though it's pretty much the same number of taps, it feels like more effort

Does this help the OP? I haven't used an Artist Playlist, but if it's a playlist, surely it's in the Playlist tab?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Ahh yes of course, totally forgot you could swipe up. They should add the like/dislike button in there as well. Bit of a pain having to press the ellipsis (...) to bring that menu up - though it's pretty much the same number of taps, it feels like more effort

Like I said in my first response to the OP. It's beta 1 and the Music app is clearly unfinished because of the total redesign. Fully expect to see additions and tweaks over the next few months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.