Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
Guys,

Factory unlocked iPhone 4 here on 4.2.1, just jailbreaked using PwnageTool 4.2 and now my phone can't find a carrier any more. Has anybody experienced this? I just finished setting up the phone again, so would hate having to redo it all again!

Have tried a different SIM, different location, rebooting, turning airplane mode on/off...

Any advice? :confused:

Last edited:

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
You gotta uncheck activate phone when you create the custom ipsw thru pwnage.
Create a new one and restore to that one instead.

I realize this question is about a factory unlocked phone, but to be clear if using a USA iPhone and wanting to use T Mobile, you have to check activate (unless you have an official SIM lying around).

If you have AT&T already then you don't check activate, that's what the official SIM is for.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I realize this question is about a factory unlocked phone, but to be clear if using a USA iPhone and wanting to use T Mobile, you have to check activate (unless you have an official SIM lying around).

If you have AT&T already then you don't check activate, that's what the official SIM is for.

Yes, sir but that's not what the OP was asking for.
He has a factory unlocked iphone so hactivating wouldnt work. Those phones will activate officially with any GSM sim.
If you're using an unofficial carrier with a software unlocked iphone then that's when you would need to hactivate your iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.