Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Webster's Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
Ever since iOS 11.1, I have been getting a "No Sim Card Installed" error at random. I'm not sure if it is a problem with the phone or if it is a problem with the software. I have tried updating to 11.2 and installed the most recent Public beta (PB3) that came out last night, and it happened again. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks!

cola79

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
I had this with a 4s once, and the problem was the sim card. If you have other sim cards for testing, you could rule out if only your sim card is damaged or if it is a hardware issue inside the sim tray.

AnthroMatt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
Redlands, CA
I've had this happen to me as well, with my 6s. AT&T replaced my SIM twice but the problem kept happening. I tried resetting my phone, my network settings, wiping it and doing a clean install of everything. Still no solution. Took the phone to Apple and it passed diagnostics so they did the full wipe (DFU or whatever it is called) and reinstall of the OS and the problem finally went away.

Webster's Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
I'm going to go by Verizon today to get the sim card replaced, then will report back after using it for a while. If the issue persists, I'll probably do a DFU restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.