Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmoliv

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 20, 2017
Lately when I run the ear tip fit test I’m always told to adjust or try a different ear tip (same message in yellow for all sizes). It can’t be my ears because when I bought the AirPods Pro and ran the test I got the “good fit” message in green for the M size). Now the only way to get that is by pressing the airpods while running the test. Any idea as to why this is happening and how to get it fixed?

rhsauer

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2006
Lately when I run the ear tip fit test I’m always told to adjust or try a different ear tip (same message in yellow for all sizes). It can’t be my ears because when I bought the AirPods Pro and ran the test I got the “good fit” message in green for the M size). Now the only way to get that is by pressing the airpods while running the test. Any idea as to why this is happening and how to get it fixed?

There's another thread about this, but many have found that the fit test stops working after a week or so. It's not clear what causes this or if it's something that can be addressed with a firmware update. In my case, I have had several pairs of AirPods Pros that passed the fit test for the first few days, and then (in every case) stopped passing the test after a few days. I swapped two pairs at the Genius Bar for this reason, and now the third pair is failing. I still get decent bass and ANC, so I've decided to keep them in the expectation that Apple will address.

Reactions: rmoliv
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.