Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Srinivasankh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have just installed iOS 9 Public beta 1 on my iPhone 4S and in the new Notes app there is no 'Sketch' button, I can only see List, Formatting and Photos and NO Sketchs - is there something I am missing?

Cheers,

Srini

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
You don't see ....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    572.1 KB · Views: 15

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If a feature is not supported by the hardware, then it won't appear.
I suspect that the 4S does not support sketch because there's no coprocessor.

danleon950410

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2015
Bogotá, Colombia
You don't see ....

You don't see what? Why do you comment over things you don't even know?

Hi guys,

I have just installed iOS 9 Public beta 1 on my iPhone 4S and in the new Notes app there is no 'Sketch' button, I can only see List, Formatting and Photos and NO Sketchs - is there something I am missing?

Cheers,

Srini

Sorry pal, but the iPhone 4s doesn't get this feature. No A5 device does...Or at least not yet.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Apple didn't omit the feature for no valid reason. The 4S simply doesn't provide the processor power that feature needs.
MOST features are there. iOS9 is provided, when it is surprising that Apple decided to extend iOS 9 to the 4s at all.
It's nearly 4 years since first release - ancient for mobile tech :D
You just don't get to see features that the hardware doesn't support.

Reactions: Srinivasankh

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Apple didn't omit the feature for no valid reason. The 4S simply doesn't provide the processor power that feature needs.
MOST features are there. iOS9 is provided, when it is surprising that Apple decided to extend iOS 9 to the 4s at all.
It's nearly 4 years since first release - ancient for mobile tech :D
You just don't get to see features that the hardware doesn't support.
Id like to agree but there are more fully featured drawing apps on the AppStore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.