Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikemile91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2016
portland oregon
I recently purchased a used original Macbook air 2008 model and fixed a few minor issues- Bad Internal Battery -Toasted Factory Mag Charger- HDD missing Rubber gasket-Dents to external casing. Im sure that someone else has opened this thing up since 2008 for better or worse..The only other issue i have't been able to iron out is that the speakers and the headphone jack will not output sound. I've attempted reseting the internal connector of the jack with a pick, checked over all sound settings, clearing PRAM, But no fix. The computer works great otherwise the usb connector works well the Back lit keyboard works, Screen is great, Everything but the sound works. My hope is that its not an issue with the sound board. I have ordered a NOS speaker assembly since it wasn't very expensive. I like this laptop and it got it for $110 used so spending a little $$ to repair it is all good with me. I never could have Bought it new. any Help wold be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.