Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uelef

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2004
Germany, Wuerzburg
I finally succeeded in installing Win XP Pro on my Mac Pro - it was a hard struggle because the hard drives only used the PIO Mode. I tried all to change this - now I got it.
It was one of the following two problems that made the workaround described in other threads not work:
1. I only tried to install Win XP on a 100 GB partition on a Mac OS X hard drive.
2. I installed Win XP with USB and Firewire hardware connected.
Now I reinstalled XP on a own hard drive and without USB and Firewire hardware connected - and the hard drives now run fast in DMA mode.

But I now got another problem. The audio hardware of the Mac Pro is not recognized. I installed the Mac driver CD two times. But the audio driver from Realtek is not loaded.
I also tried to install the audio driver manually (using this link:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...s=2004061&Software=True&title=HD Audio CODECs)
but the installer says that the Microsoft Bus driver needs to be loaded...

Any help from you?

Ulf

waremaster

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
uelef said:
I finally succeeded in installing Win XP Pro on my Mac Pro - it was a hard struggle because the hard drives only used the PIO Mode. I tried all to change this - now I got it.
It was one of the following two problems that made the workaround described in other threads not work:
1. I only tried to install Win XP on a 100 GB partition on a Mac OS X hard drive.
2. I installed Win XP with USB and Firewire hardware connected.
Now I reinstalled XP on a own hard drive and without USB and Firewire hardware connected - and the hard drives now run fast in DMA mode.

But I now got another problem. The audio hardware of the Mac Pro is not recognized. I installed the Mac driver CD two times. But the audio driver from Realtek is not loaded.
I also tried to install the audio driver manually (using this link:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...s=2004061&Software=True&title=HD Audio CODECs)
but the installer says that the Microsoft Bus driver needs to be loaded...

Any help from you?

Ulf

If you have installed the bootcamp drivers then do this.

If you right click on My Computer then click on properties then click Hardware and then click Device manager you will see a section called System Devices.

Scroll down and you will see a PCI Device with a ! on it.

Double click on it and install the driver don't goto the internet let it search and it will find the drivers itself on your HD.

Next goto Program Files and the Macintosh Drivers and then realtek and run setup.exe

it will install the drivers then ask you to restart your machine. You will knotice you have sound even before it restarts :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.