Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phil.w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
anyone have issues with no sound with notifications? i get the Haptics tap but no sound BUT the odd thing is that i only get this issue while at work

i have tried restarting the watch and even resetting the watch.

zhaoxin

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2015
Have you seen if you watch is in no-sound mode? Just swipe bottom up, the first is airplane-mode, the second is do-not-disturb, and the third is no-sound. I accidentally open that some times. And it is some kind of hard to notice.

phil.w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
yes i checked that and its not on

only thing i can think of is that i work on a macbook while at work, maybe thats got something to do with it? (yes i try turning off the macbook and still no sound)

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Phil, have you checked through the Notification settings in the Watch app on your phone? Notifications for some apps have sound toggles, for example Email, Calendar, Reminders, and Messages. Those should directly influence how you receive your notifications on your watch. They are worth checking out.

phil.w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
update

still no sound. i think i will give apple after the holidays

phil.w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
So strange there is no sound only in a specific location. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone. :)
i know right! must be something triggering it not to sound

i read some other people are also having weird sound issues on the apple forum too. Some said to reset the watch, reboot iphone and then re sync the watch. I did that this morning and will see what happens when i get to work later on

phil.w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2015
success

Erasing the watch, rebooting the iphone then re-syncing the watch again has worked

richg1998

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
anyone have issues with no sound with notifications? i get the Haptics tap but no sound BUT the odd thing is that i only get this issue while at work

i have tried restarting the watch and even resetting the watch.

New member. Of the twenty or so forums I belong to this one is the most confusing to use. No idea how to start a new discussion. I know this one is old.

Just traded in an iPhone 5 for iPhone SE at an Apple store. All cloud stuff ok.

Every so often a beep with no pointer to what App it might come from and ALL Notifications are disabled. Software up to date.
Local Apple store in Holyoke Ma. no help. All they suggested was to do a Rest All Settings which I did and still get the beep every so often.
Nest Reset will dump all my music and everyone knows how difficult iTunes is to use.
Removed Facebook App. No mail in account and no unread text messages.
Removed all Apps I had put in.
My 3, 4 and 5 phones never did this.

Might follow girlfriend who dumped iPhone and went to Android and doing very well.
Beeped twice while doing this message.

Rich

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.