Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Whenever I search for this the links are all “Release Date, Plot, Cast” etc, which is so annoying - I just want to know when it will be out! Anybody heard an estimated date? Know what stage production is in?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Whenever I search for this the links are all “Release Date, Plot, Cast” etc, which is so annoying - I just want to know when it will be out! Anybody heard an estimated date? Know what stage production is in?
Seems like the latest update is that the filming has resumed on the last remaining episodes of season 2:

Last edited:
Reactions: mazz0

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
Let's hope there's 21 episodes this time around. I want to sit and watch more than 10 episodes i'm done with after a weekend and then have to wait a year plus for more. Also hate all the time skips and sub-plots that were never finished (edited for time?) due to it being a short season.

Reactions: max2

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Let's hope there's 21 episodes this time around. I want to sit and watch more than 10 episodes i'm done with after a weekend and then have to wait a year plus for more. Also hate all the time skips and sub-plots that were never finished (edited for time?) due to it being a short season.
This is really a big deal for you isn't it?... unfortunately I think you'll be disappointed. 8-10 episodes seem to be the new norm.

Reactions: AZhappyjack

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
I hope not. Not everyone lives in the UK. Some of us prefer a fleshed out season that is far more binge worthy than one that's over and done in literally two days. Then a year plus wait.

I went through it with Firefly, the Stargate: Universe (although the latter had more episodes, at least) so I'd hate to get used to something that's over and done as fast as it started. Anyone getting into Netflix originals had to deal with that as well. Soon as you start enjoying it, it's over and forgotten, on to the next show.

These later generations of people really do have short attention spans. Can anyone really imagine Deep Space Nine, or even Babylon 5 being as enjoyable with 9-10 episodes per season, spanning 5 or 7 seasons? they'd have to lose 50-70% the story arc, and time skip too often to be useful.

Why are all new series just turning into mini-series?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Why are all new series just turning into mini-series?
It's definitely a change that has been affecting more and more shows over the years. It works sometimes, maybe even many times, but there are plenty of shows that can still benefit from a more episodic approach that was more popular not that long ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.