Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Warhawk15

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2012
System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options
My 2013 MBP has it but my 2015 MBP doesn't have the option, instead of three finger drag I have to lightly click the trackpad and drag it, which is fine, just had to get used to it.

mobutt

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
My 2013 MBP has it but my 2015 MBP doesn't have the option, instead of three finger drag I have to lightly click the trackpad and drag it, which is fine, just had to get used to it.
I thought it didn't work but you just have to enable it in accessibility.

kanstantin_bucha

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2015
I have same issue and it took me 2 minutes to find right checkbox.
So please look at the picture
Screen_Shot_2015_06_10_at_12_12_47_PM.png
Also you should uncheck three finger gesture in touchpad panel
Screen_Shot_2015_06_10_at_12_31_32_PM.png

Last edited:

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
I'll never understand why Apple has been modifying gestures in each OS X release. The set in Snow Leopard was already complete, no reason to modify it, except perhaps that the three-finger drag should be always enabled by default and that the slight touch should also be default. Always. But, with these two exceptions, all modifications done in each OS X release had been an annoyance, having to waste some minutes looking for where Apple hide the stuff. I'll never understand this.

Reactions: Liam555

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
I'll never understand why Apple has been modifying gestures in each OS X release. The set in Snow Leopard was already complete, no reason to modify it, except perhaps that the three-finger drag should be always enabled by default and that the slight touch should also be default. Always. But, with these two exceptions, all modifications done in each OS X release had been an annoyance, having to waste some minutes looking for where Apple hide the stuff. I'll never understand this.
Except they haven't changed since Lion... until now.

lolasher

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2014
Most annoying is that in OS X installer and logonscreen you can't change gestures.

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio

Yeah, must have been when they added the Force Touch Trackpad. I swapped my iMac for a 2015 MBP and saw that the 3 finger option was missing from Trackpad menu in Settings. This is in Yosemite as well. Didn't know about the Accessibility move until I read this post.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
So!
If iPhone 6s and plus add force touch screen support, what would happen for them to change gestures used to do from long time ago?
I mean, would they change some gestures for force touch screen exclusively?
Well.........

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.