Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garglebutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
Australia
I’m in Australia and My Apple TV now shows the shiny new TV app but for some reason my iPad does not. Anyone else in Australia have the TV app on their iPad with iOS 11?

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I’m in Australia and My Apple TV now shows the shiny new TV app but for some reason my iPad does not. Anyone else in Australia have the TV app on their iPad with iOS 11?

Disclaimer: This might not work and may just cause you pain.

I did see some Canadians today with similar issues - available on one device but not others - and some reported that doing a Setting -> General -> Reset -> Reset Home Screen Layout made it available for them. There’s two obvious downsides. It might work but you’ll still lose all your arrangement AND it might not work at all and you’ll still lose all your arrangement.

garglebutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
Australia
Disclaimer: This might not work and may just cause you pain.

I did see some Canadians today with similar issues - available on one device but not others - and some reported that doing a Setting -> General -> Reset -> Reset Home Screen Layout made it available for them. There’s two obvious downsides. It might work but you’ll still lose all your arrangement AND it might not work at all and you’ll still lose all your arrangement.
Didn't work unfortunately but was worth a shot. :)

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Didn't work unfortunately but was worth a shot. :)

:( I don’t know how they bone this geo locked stuff so badly

Think you might be either just waiting and hoping, or doing a full reinstall then. I suppose it really depends on how badly you want the app.

garglebutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
Australia
Nah it works fine on my ATV and iPhone. Don't want it that much that I need the misery of doing full reinstall. Thanks for the tips though.

garglebutt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2014
Australia
Tried something in that thread and success! I deleted the Videos app then found the TV app and downloaded in App Store successfully.

Reactions: Feenician
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.