Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harrycooke

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2012
London
Myself and my boyfriend are both not getting Twitter notifications on our iPhones or iPads. It's not a problem in Notification Centre and we've both tried reinstalling.

Just wondering whether anyone else is having this problem and if they have solved this issue.

danielceleste

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
Yeah I'm getting neither from Tweetbot or Twitter. Or at least it's on and off with Twitter

For Tweetbot in particular (this may sound like a dumb question) have you turned them on? If you have, there's also a test button in Tweetbot's settings.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Got both the official Twitter app and Tweetbot installed on my 3GS. Both push notifications working fine.

techbul

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
I have the same issues but with Facebook notifications. Some of them just won't appear in the notification bar.

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
Ditto that it's not working for me for the Twitter app on my iPhone 4S or iPad 2, both running 6.0.2. Not sure why, but it's getting annoying. I was considering purchasing Tweetbot, but if it's not working for that app either for some people, I'll forgo it for now.

Better be fixed. #notentitlement

stw2186

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2012
Ditto that it's not working for me for the Twitter app on my iPhone 4S or iPad 2, both running 6.0.2. Not sure why, but it's getting annoying. I was considering purchasing Tweetbot, but if it's not working for that app either for some people, I'll forgo it for now.

Better be fixed. #notentitlement

I also own the 4s and it has been a hit or miss with getting push notifications. I definitely haven't been getting a push notification when I get a new follower. Do push notifications even come up for new followers?

MorphinePH

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2014
How to fix a not working Twitter push notification?

Part 1: iPhone, iPad, iPod (Do the procedure on all of your devices.)

1. Delete Twitter app.
2. Go to Settings > Twitter > Select your username > Delete account.
3. Reboot your device.

Part 2: Desktop

1. Go to www.twitter.com and sign in your account.
2. Go to www.twitter.com/settings/applications
3. You must see a list of applications that can access your twitter account.
4. Click 'Revoke Access' on ALL of the apps.
5. Refresh the page and you must not see any single app on the page.

Part 3: iPhone, iPad, iPod (Do the procedure on all of your devices.)

1. Go to Settings > Twitter > Add account
2. Sign in your account.
3. Install the Twitter app.

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm from the Philippines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.