Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
We have found that if we use Google maps for CarPlay it provides turn by turn directions on the car screen but no verbal instructions. If I switch to Apple maps I get verbal instructions. Any ideas why and how to fix? Anyone else getting this?
Thanks

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
We have found that if we use Google maps for CarPlay it provides turn by turn directions on the car screen but no verbal instructions. If I switch to Apple maps I get verbal instructions. Any ideas why and how to fix? Anyone else getting this?
Thanks
I dont use Google Maps that often via Carplay but when i have when you press the screen to bring up the bar across the top there is a speaker icon top left corner that if you press toggles between the verbal directions being on and off. If there is a line through the icon as in the pic below then they are off, pressing it will remove the line and they are on. You can see the icon on this screen shot :-

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Solver
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.