Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
Wife and I recently upgraded from the iPhone Xs to the 12 Mini (2 separate devices). When we upgraded, our voicemail accounts were completely gone. Had to call AT&T technical support to get them to turn voicemail back on. Now that voicemail is working, we've found that visual voicemail is not working. When we navigate to the voicemail tab in the phone app, we just get a button that says "Call Voicemail" (which works fine when we call in). My phone is running 14.2.1.

I just spent an hour on the horn with AT&T technical support again, but they weren't able to get it resolved. Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue, and if so, how were you able to resolve it (if at all)?

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
I have had this problem and I resolved it by calling my cell number from another phone and leaving a myself a voicemail. Then I was able to go in to visual voicemail. Try that and see if it helps.

munckee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
I have had this problem and I resolved it by calling my cell number from another phone and leaving a myself a voicemail. Then I was able to go in to visual voicemail. Try that and see if it helps.
:( I did try that. Will give it another go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.