Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
I have a Pioneer SPH DA360 head unit in my car. It’s a great unit with wireless carplay. However, I cannot get voice instructions when using Waze, Apple Maps or Google Maps. If I’m playing music, it dims at the point I’d expect to receive voice instructions, but there’s no instruction forthcoming. Same issue with all three navigation systems.

Has anyone else come across this? Do you have solutions?

I have a feeling I’m missing something obvious, but the volume for voice instructions is set correctly in the unit’s setup area, and I can see nothing else. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Has it ever worked? If you tried three different apps and none of them work then its either the head unit or you can try forgetting the device on your iPhone in the carplay settings.

YatBob

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2014
Louisiana
Try increasing the volume at the point you expect to receive voice instructions, in most setups they music volume and instruction volume are independent from each other

Martin29

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Quimper, France
Has it ever worked? If you tried three different apps and none of them work then its either the head unit or you can try forgetting the device on your iPhone in the carplay settings.
It’s a new unit. Music & radio stations are working perfectly, so it’s not a question of a bad instal. I’m guessing there is probably a setting I’m missing somewhere. But it’s my first use of CarPlay and I have no idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.