Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Karl90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2017
So I’d love to know what other people think of this situation.
i have an iPhone 8 Plus which is in perfect condition. Basically from the moment ios14 was installed I’ve had no wifi or Bluetooth, now I’ve done the usual things such as update to latest. Reset network settings. I have also gone further and reset the phone completely and set up as a new phone and still not working. So finally I managed to get an appointment and get into the apple store. To be honest the girl “genius” seemed pretty useless. But I let that go, she did all the usual checks and diagnostics etc, had to go talk to someone a couple times. Eventually she came back and said there was no hardware issues with the phone and that it would be a software problem. A software problem which was not there until ios14 was installed.
so here’s the kicker. She said it’s 1 year out of warranty and so for a mere $600aud she could swap it out for another 8 plus, or buy a new phone from them.
I was pretty taken back at the cost she said it would be especially when it’s a software problem not caused by me.
has anyone else experienced this same problem or similar. What did you do, should I be contacting consumer affairs Australia.
what do you think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.