Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
What's going on with Apple? Xcode 14.2 doesn't work with the latest iOS 16.4, I have to download a beta version of Xcode to continue my work? Xcode upgrade didn't come with iOS upgrade? Com'on...

Reactions: alanvitek

alanvitek

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2021
This was my reaction too. Updated my Mac and no Xcode update. Checked the release notes and yup Xcode 14.3 still in release candidate. Looks like the earliest would be next Tuesday

samcolak

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
Köln, DE
What's going on with Apple? Xcode 14.2 doesn't work with the latest iOS 16.4, I have to download a beta version of Xcode to continue my work? Xcode upgrade didn't come with iOS upgrade? Com'on...
See my thread in this category on getting 14.2 to work with iOS16.4 ... ;)

Reactions: alanvitek

alanvitek

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2021
See my thread in this category on getting 14.2 to work with iOS16.4 ... ;)
saw your solution, I’ll give it a shot!

Usually the releases for Xcode and iOS updates are in tandem right? Or am I going crazy

TheSl0th

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
saw your solution, I’ll give it a shot!

Usually the releases for Xcode and iOS updates are in tandem right? Or am I going crazy
Sometimes there is a short delay between OS and Xcode releases. In this case, they released 14.3 RC2 on the same day as all the OS updates, and the final release (likely the same as RC2) will not be far away.

samcolak

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2011
Köln, DE
Sometimes there is a short delay between OS and Xcode releases. In this case, they released 14.3 RC2 on the same day as all the OS updates, and the final release (likely the same as RC2) will not be far away.

Not always - there may be technical issues with the release or they decided to restrict some content from visibility to developers (maybe due to impending hardware releases....) - who knows ;)

alanvitek

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2021
14.3 dropped on the App Store last night. Took forever and eighteen days to download, but it is now installed.
Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 3.25.21 PM.png

HURRAY!

sza

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
One of the most frustrating issues that many developers face is the inability of the App Store to perform partial updates for large applications such as Xcode.

This means that every time a new version of Xcode is released, the App Store has to download the entire package again, which can take hours or even days depending on the internet speed and availability. Many users have reported that the App Store often fails to complete the download or installation process, leaving them with a corrupted or unusable version of Xcode.

This is unacceptable for a professional development tool that is essential for creating apps, Apple should improve the App Store's update mechanism to allow for incremental updates that only download and install the necessary changes, rather than forcing users to re-download the whole application every time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.