Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gpapava

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
hello guys,
i am about to buy a brand new mac pro and i would like to know how noisy mac pro is. I have a problem with noisy computers, i really cant stand em some times :)
So owners of mac pro's, share your experience with me!

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
hello guys,
i am about to buy a brand new mac pro and i would like to know how noisy mac pro is. I have a problem with noisy computers, i really cant stand em some times :)
So owners of mac pro's, share your experience with me!

Mines almost silent - you only hear the fans briefly when the machine comes out of sleep, and once or twice in World of Warcraft. But even then, the fans pump out a tiny fraction of the noise of the PC that it's sat next to. The loudest thing on my Mac Pro is are hard drives when something is hitting them hard, and I barely notice it.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
The system is very quite however I still do notice it. It is way quieter then any PC i have used. When at my friends house I can not here the mac pro as his PCs are much louder. That being said with you no music on I can still here the system. The hard drives and the x1900 are the loudest parts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.