Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeGreo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2019
I'm following the instructions to enter fastboot/recovery mode on a Nokia C01 Plus, but whatever I tried it hasn't worked.

It just hangs on the screen that says fastboot on top.

I seem there are many people complain about this on forums, but I haven't been able to find a solution.

Is there a way to just wipe it buy connecting to a laptop? Like a Linux/Mac?

However it seems even the connected computers are powerless to do anything because they can't detected devices that have not entered into debugging or fastboot/recovery mode.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I'm following the instructions to enter fastboot/recovery mode on a Nokia C01 Plus, but whatever I tried it hasn't worked.

I seem there are many people complain about this on forums, but I haven't been able to find a solution.

However it seems even the connected computers are powerless to do anything because they can't detected devices that have not entered into debugging or fastboot/recovery mode.
Did you try
While on most of other Android Phones, one has to press and hold volume down + power key to enter recovery mode / Fastboot mode, on Nokia 3 you have to press and hold volume up + power key.

Reactions: Technerd108

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021

Hard to say but of you have fastboot then the phone isn't a paperweight yet. I would continue to try to boot into recovery. Until you can get it out of fastboot you can't do anything with a computer because it won't be recognized by your PC.

Sometimes this happens when you have a corrupted update. Since you don't have a black screen then there is some hope but it is also likely that the phone is dead and needs to be repaired or replaced.

Go to XDA forum and look up your device model and see if you can find someone on the forum to help you. Might be your best shot at reviving your device.

Good luck!

MikeGreo

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2019
I am able to use the phone as normal. But it fails to enter into any of the fastboot/recovery modes. Is there a way to root android devices to force into usb debugging mode. My Linux laptop is able to detect it as a Unisoc device and have used a few terminal commands so it does detect it. But I want to able to factory reset it from terminal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.