Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Why would anyone want to change your mind?

Enjoy your Nokia.

I am looking forward to seeing the new Pixel tablet this year.

Agbaps

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2022
Will there be a pixel tablet?
I'm kinda behind recently😅
Well if they do I always imagined they would integrate it into some smart home virtual assistant.
Well,if they DO make a pixel tablet it will probably be primarily made to work with Google assistant the best and have rounded edges and if Google are feeling generous they might or should release a smaller option running a go-edition of android 13 or a new tab oriented android software.
overall I think the pixel tab will be great👍

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Will there be a pixel tablet?
I'm kinda behind recently😅
Well if they do I always imagined they would integrate it into some smart home virtual assistant.
Well,if they DO make a pixel tablet it will probably be primarily made to work with Google assistant the best and have rounded edges and if Google are feeling generous they might or should release a smaller option running a go-edition of android 13 or a new tab oriented android software.
overall I think the pixel tab will be great👍
Yes Google has released the announcement officially but has not given a clear time frame other than this year.

Being that it is going to be a Pixel tablet using Tensor G2 I doubt it will be under $300 like the Nokia tablet you already have. It will probably cost somewhere in the $500 range maybe $400 and maybe $600 but I doubt any higher and most likely around the $500 mark.

At this point though it is anyone's guess.

Personally I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab s8 and I traded in a cheaper Samsung tablet and basically got in trade what I paid for it over a year ago when I made the transaction which made the cost of the s8 just over $300. For what I paid there really isn't any competition. If Samsung releases a s9 this year and gives me a good trade again I will probably get that over the Pixel because I won't have to pay retail price.

I have tried budget Android tablets and been sorely dissatisfied. The Nokia seems decent enough but update support is not great but certainly better than the competition.

In my opinion I like long term update support. If I could not afford to upgrade for a few years it is nice to know that what I have will still be updated. I had a Lenovo P11 plus and it was like throwing my money away. Terrible updates and poor rom optimization. Luckily I sold it for close to what I bought it for on sale and used that and trade in value and had to pay like $100 to get the s8.

Since you have already bought your Nokia and are happy with it I would keep it as long as possible then when it is no longer supported the pixel tablet should have been out for a while and you can wait for a sale and sell or trade your Nokia if you want.

Unfortunately I don't think Google will offer a small or cheap version of the Pixel Tablet at least not at first. They need to offer a really good product and undercut Samsung tab s series to get market share and see if they can sell enough to keep going. Google wants to be profitable so they need a little wiggle room to do so.

jimimac71

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2019
California
Nokia T20, change my mind.
I dare you
So, what are you saying? You like the T20? You don't like the T20?
I have the T20 and it works well.
Has everything in one device for me except GPS. Then again, I've never used GPS.
Got it on sale for $180.
Works ALMOST as well as my refurbished 2019 iPad, which was $209.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.