Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DetTigers

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
7f20d510a2ea2f5b881fb4d75dd54e93.jpg

9c4b3f9a43604bcfc04ed472f3baeec8.jpg

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Can you take pics of the band turned so we can see the color match with the watch?

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
I had one of these and ended up returning it. It matches very well but I hated the large square ends on the connectors. I felt like it changed the shape of the watch too much and made it look too squared off. Very nice band though.

Reactions: bruinsrme

wes2006ag

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
Houston
My Nomad titanium band showed up today a few weeks before the date they gave me. Got it adjusted easily enough and so far I like it. The color isn’t a perfect match with the Ultra but it is very close. It is pretty unbelievable how light the band is for a metal band. I did order before they raised the price by $50 and it seems like good quality which it should be for $250.

Will see how it goes over time.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I finally got my Nomad Titanium Band and wanted to share some pictures. As @wes2006ag mentioned it was rather easy to resize, and at 6'2" 240 lbs, I had to remove 4 links (2 on each side), so this will work with people with really really large wrists. Sorry I don't have my wrist measurement right now.

Feels like really good quality (as good as the Apple link)
Looks great finish as very close to the Ultra finish

Dislikes:
The lugs could be redesigned to be less square (but this isn't a huge deal to me)
The lugs are not finished the same as the links (maybe it is SS??, it isn't brushed)
Not adjustable on the fly like Apple's Link, I wish they made the last few links quick disconnect on each side

Overall, I am very happy, I think it actually makes the Ultra look like a dress watch, unlike all the other bands for it. This was the one major issue I had with the Ultra, it doesn't look dressy. The Nomad Goods bracelet fixed this for me.

Click on the link for the full-sized image:

wes2006ag

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
Houston
I finally got my Nomad Titanium Band and wanted to share some pictures. As @wes2006ag mentioned it was rather easy to resize, and at 6'2" 240 lbs, I had to remove 4 links (2 on each side), so this will work with people with really really large wrists. Sorry I don't have my wrist measurement right now.

Feels like really good quality (as good as the Apple link)
Looks great finish as very close to the Ultra finish

Dislikes:
The lugs could be redesigned to be less square (but this isn't a huge deal to me)
The lugs are not finished the same as the links (maybe it is SS??, it isn't brushed)
Not adjustable on the fly like Apple's Link, I wish they made the last few links quick disconnect on each side

Overall, I am very happy, I think it actually makes the Ultra look like a dress watch, unlike all the other bands for it. This was the one major issue I had with the Ultra, it doesn't look dressy. The Nomad Goods bracelet fixed this for me.

Click on the link for the full-sized image:

I read that the lugs are in fact stainless steel which is a bit of a miss for an otherwise great looking band.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I read that the lugs are in fact stainless steel which is a bit of a miss for an otherwise great looking band.

They might be brushed Ti. My eyes aren't the best with my contacts and readers on. But if they are brushed, they 100% are not brushed the same as the links. Something about them looks different, and it is hard to capture via iphone 13 pro max.

It isn't a dealbreaker, you would be the only one who would notice.

I'll bet I could bring it to a jeweler and have the finish matched.

EDIT: the way light reflects off of the lugs is different than the way light reflects off the links. So, as I move my arm, I get a reflection off the lugs, and almost none off the links.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Nice band. Not my cup of tea, I prefer the lugs to be one piece, the band to taper down, and really hate that Nomad logo on it.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Nice band. Not my cup of tea, I prefer the lugs to be one piece, the band to taper down, and really hate that Nomad logo on it.
Yup, it would be nice if the lugs and the first links were one piece that tapered down to the width of the "first" link. That would be a nice design touch. I have a feeling that the lugs they are using, are the same as with other bands, like their rugged rubber band (which I have and really like too).

The Nomad logo is very subtle, and not very visible in real life. Remember you are looking at pictures that make this much bigger than real life. You really only notice it as you rotate as light reflects off of it differently than the rest of the clasp. It really is a non-issue in person.

Here is the rugged band, I do think the lugs are the same, this is why I was guessing they weren't Ti on the bracelet:

Reactions: spinedoc77

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Can I suggest putting tension downwards when sliding metal lugs/straps in. I can see score marks on some of these nice straps, pulling downwards will help stop the watch casing scratching the straps on fitting/removal.

Reactions: JT2002TJ

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Can I suggest putting tension downwards when sliding metal lugs/straps in. I can see score marks on some of these nice straps, pulling downwards will help stop the watch casing scratching the straps on fitting/removal.

You can suggest it, but it wont work... LOL. The picture with the rugged strap was a picture I actually provided to Nomad for warranty. They replaced that strap. The lugs on that band were just a hair to thick, and no matter what I did, resulted in scratching. It was defective.

The replacement, and this ultra bracelet are better, but are still a tight fit. Not something I would want to swap out multiple times a day, as you have to be very careful, if it feels too tight, you have to try to enter from the other side. Also, they suggest pressing down on the black center locking mechanism as it enters the watch (which actually helps).

Reactions: Pug72

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
They are a bit thicker. I have the Graphite Nomad and it's the same. The Apple Link Bracelet straps also are a tight fit and require care not to scratch.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
UPDATE: It would help, if I actually read the product I ordered...

According to Nomad's website (in the Info Section):
Custom 316L stainless steel lugs

(In the FAQ Section):
Why are the lugs made from stainless steel and not titanium?
Apple specifically recommends 316L stainless steel for all lug bodies.

Source:

This would explain why they had to design the lugs the way they did. To keep with the SS lug recommendation, and somehow transitioning to Ti for the links.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I would like to purchase one but a 2 month wait kills my impulsiveness.

I am very happy with my band, and to me it is well worth the wait. It is the easiest aftermarket band to put on, the magnetic clasp makes it real easy to lock in place.

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
I have the original stainless steel version. I do like the improvements of the new titanium and might order one this summer after a couple of long trips that I have planned. I specially like the redesigned first link look of the new model because it hugs the Watch better with little gap showing.

Attachments

• 83B22EDA-E53D-46AE-9448-7CEA2AB05FB0.jpeg
    83B22EDA-E53D-46AE-9448-7CEA2AB05FB0.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 192

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I have the original stainless steel version. I do like the improvements of the new titanium and might order one this summer after a couple of long trips that I have planned. I specially like the redesigned first link look of the new model because it hugs the Watch better with little gap showing.

Yeah, there's no gap between the end link and the first link. I do like my titanium design better than your picture.

Reactions: Dguitarnut

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
Too expensive for me. Bought a cheap alternative .. hopefully it is decent.

Reactions: Dguitarnut

risenphoenixkai

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Too expensive for me. Bought a cheap alternative .. hopefully it is decent.

I have one that's pretty much identical to that, which I got from a different seller (LDFAS) but is most likely made by the same manufacturer in China. I like it a lot, and it's very comfortable and matches the Ultra's case colour well.

The lugs and clasp are definitely made from stainless steel, but the rest of the band is a titanium alloy - not sure about the grade of titanium.

Reactions: jetjaguar

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
Here's a pick of my Ultra with a matching titanium plated stainless steel band; got for $30 on Amazon. The series 6 on the right is the Apple band ($349) I got when I picked up the series 0 back in 2015.

WatchBands.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.