Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I recently ordered the limited edition glow band 2 from Nomad and received an email that said the following:
Are you planning to use your new Band with an Apple Watch Ultra or Apple Watch Ultra 2? If so, be sure to press down on the center lug latch while slowly sliding the Band into the watch channels. Check out this video to see how it’s done!

It is giving me a little bit of apprehension thinking that I have to insert a band in a special way, I have concerns that it is somehow going to damage the watch. Has anyone used a band from this company that required you to insert it this way, and does anyone think that it could cause damage to the watch itself?

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I have a Lunar Gray Nomad band and always have to press the centre button to install it on my Ultra 2. Worked it out myself when I couldn't get it to slide in.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Wondering if this recommendation from Nomad is merely for that particular band.
I have used two other bands from Nomad, and never pressed that center button...(AWU)

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I have a Lunar Gray Nomad band and always have to press the centre button to install it on my Ultra 2. Worked it out myself when I couldn't get it to slide in.
I have a Lunar Gray Nomad band and always have to press the centre button to install it on my Ultra 2. Worked it out myself when I couldn't get it to slide in
And you haven’t noticed it causing any damage to the watch or issues with other bands?

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Nothing at all. It's just a smidge to high to fit through the side of the watch casing, so a little pressure and it slides through.

d3vp0ll

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2022
NY
My Nomad Sport silicone band has fallen apart at the connector after just two months. Awful quality. Would not recommend.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
My Nomad Sport silicone band has fallen apart at the connector after just two months. Awful quality. Would not recommend.
That’s troubling. I had heard nothing but good things. I hope your experience is atypical.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.