Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
A friend of mine was generous enough to send me a few Nomad watch bands. Never tried them before. I have to say, they are comfortable, and feel good on the wrist. I will be using them on my AWU...

IMG_2375.jpeg

babalougots

macrumors regular
May 5, 2021
I have the Lunar Gray. It's nice and the lugs are good. I also ordered an Ash Green a few weeks later and returned it since the lugs were loose for me. Still prefer the Apple bands.

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
I am interested in getting a Nomad sport band, but they never seem to have any in stock. I have purchased 2 different knockoffs from Amazon but sent them back since they are too thin at the lug area and move around in the watch.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
I will add, when installing the Nomad band on the AWU, sometimes it seem to not 'lock in'. I have to slide it back and forth a few times.

Odd that. It only does it with the dark greyish band...

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
I will add, when installing the Nomad band on the AWU, sometimes it seem to not 'lock in'. I have to slide it back and forth a few times.

Odd that. It only does it with the dark greyish band...
I have the same issue with a Nike Sport Band. It never did that on my Series 7, but does it with the Ultra. Only band that does it too.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I've been reading about the Nomad sport bands and watching some Youtube reviews and it seems like they are mostly positive reviews. I really like the look of them so I just took the plunge and ordered the Lunar Grey one for my Midnight Series 7. Really hope they don't disappoint because they are certainly more expensive than Apple ones. Those of you who have been using the Nomad are you still happy with it?

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
I've been reading about the Nomad sport bands and watching some Youtube reviews and it seems like they are mostly positive reviews. I really like the look of them so I just took the plunge and ordered the Lunar Grey one for my Midnight Series 7. Really hope they don't disappoint because they are certainly more expensive than Apple ones. Those of you who have been using the Nomad are you still happy with it?
Was happy with the cream one. I got rid of the green one. All too often it would slip, while on the watch. Might have just been mine though...

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
I have the Lunar Grey and it's great on my sleep tracking graphite S7. Looks good on the Ultra too but it's not one I tend to use on it.
They feel a little stiff when putting on but they get more supple/soft when they get warmer from wearing.
These are pics I took September '22.

IMG_1971.jpeg

IMG_1972.jpeg

IMG_1973.jpeg

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2012
England
Oh yeah, if you find they get stuck on installing, just press in the middle nubbin with a fingernail and it'll slide in.
This may have been improved since getting mine a while back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.