Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpereiod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Columbia, Maryland
Has anyone tried any non-apple keyboards for the new ipad pro 11 or 12.9? I new there were some for the 10.5 inch pro but I have not seen anyone using the non-apple keyboards for the new ipad pros. My one gripe with the Apple Keyboard for the new ipad pros is having the keys exposed when the cover is folded open and you are using touch screen mode.

Thanks
jpereiod

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
So far, only Brydge have announced their 2018 iPad Pro keyboards however it is not shipping until 2019. I don't believe any of the 3rd party companies were given any demo models before announcement. I would anticipate Logitech updating their keyboards sometime next year.

So far, Apple's Folio keyboard is the only option.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Are you talking about strictly a keyboard or a keyboard/case combo?

CritSwift

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2018
North Carolina
For a non-combo option, I love my Logitech K380. Bluetooth, saves up to three devices to quickly swap around, and has a layout with the command keys on it.

k380-multi-device-bluetooth-keyboard.png

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/multi-device-keyboard-k380
Easily obtainable at your local Best Buy too.

jpereiod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Columbia, Maryland
I like the look of the Brydge and the fact that it is backlit and can fold into a tablet display mode, as well as a macbook like keyboard. I signed up to get informed when it is available

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
I’ve had a keys-to-go since it launched several years ago and love it. It works great with the new Pro. I prefer it over the ASK so I’m returning my ASK and just going with the regular folio and keys-to-go. I may eventually pick up a Magic keyboard as well, since my Apple Wireless keyboard seems to have died.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.