Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2008
has anyone else had this problem? when I try to play a playlist that is one I created using songs that aren't a part of Apple Music it won't play (For example, when I tell Siri to play 'My Top Rated' playlist it plays "K-Pop" or if I try to play other ones it says ""I didn't find this playlist on Apple Music.") it seems it started doing this after the latest update (14.4.1 I think) It is frustrating because I try do this safely in the car without looking at my phone and then this starts happening....

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
has anyone else had this problem? when I try to play a playlist that is one I created using songs that aren't a part of Apple Music it won't play (For example, when I tell Siri to play 'My Top Rated' playlist it plays "K-Pop" or if I try to play other ones it says ""I didn't find this playlist on Apple Music.") it seems it started doing this after the latest update (14.4.1 I think) It is frustrating because I try do this safely in the car without looking at my phone and then this starts happening....
A way to counter this is to create a long enough playlist yourself and play that before firing the engine. I don’t use Siri much but she did not like locally stored music long before iOS 14 so it could be a marketing strategy change.

ToddJ

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 23, 2008
Unfortunately that doesn’t work but ironically when I play my playlists on my Google nest hub they work perfectly.

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
I find Siri has recently started ignoring playlists I’ve created, and tries searching on Apple Music for a similarly named playlist. If my local playlist is obscure it will play it, otherwise it ignores my own one and finds something similar but not what I want. Very annoying, I’ve filed a bug with Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.