Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
I am looking for a non-leather alternative to the FineWoven cases. I have been using a FineWoven case for 3-4 months now and love the size and weight but I just can't get used to the FineWoven texture. What are good alternatives that aren't leather?

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
For similar size and weight, I'd probably go with the Apple Silicone case. However, just like FineWoven, I know many folks don't like the silicone texture either. I've always found Apple OEM cases to have the best fit.

pk0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
For similar size and weight, I'd probably go with the Apple Silicone case. However, just like FineWoven, I know many folks don't like the silicone texture either. I've always found Apple OEM cases to have the best fit.
I should have mentioned that too. I do have a Apple Silicone case as well and it's the same story. Great fit, I just can't get used to the texture and my pocket being pulled out every time I pull my phone out of my pocket.

wolfboy

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2010
Caudabe Sheath is an excellent alternative. Size wise, it should be close to your Apple silicone case but with a much more robust material. It's exactly what a case needs to be.

It's essentially TPU with a textured finish, but since I know forum members on here are particularly finicky, you may not like the texture. If that's the case (heh) I don't really know what else to recommend aside from cases you can find on Amazon (Spigen and Torras make clear back/TPU cases with a smooth finish that feels nice to the touch)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.