Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Anyone recommend me a folio style case that isn't leather?

I ordered a cheapo from amazon UK. Quality was crap, ipad didn't fit properly, but I only got it to do put the ipad in till I found a better one. Problem being I can't seem to find one.

I went to PC world, got one for £30, quality is fine but the ipad slides in from the side and there's nothing keeping it in there so the ipad slides out sometimes.

So does anyone know of a good quality folio style case that isn't leather. All I want is one that keeps the ipad where it should be, and is good quality.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
I have a rather expensive leather folio case and the iPad slides just enough to require me to readjust it before plugging it in for recharging.

A solution to this is to go to your local auto parts store and buy one of those pads that they carry to put on your dashboard so things don't slide around. They normally run about $3.00 and are thin enough to go into the case without notice and will hold the iPad in place just fine.

I hope this helps you.

Tom G.

P.S. I got this idea from a thread on this forum so I'm just passing on what I learned here. :)

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
Thank you.

I might give that a try, because besides this the case if exactly what I want. The cheapo case has a little flap bit you tucked under the ipad to keep it in place like in apples official case, problem being the quality was god awful and it was falling apart after a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.