Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
My m1macbookpro, iPad Pro and iPhone 11 fail to connecting to 5g Tmobile wifi router. They connect to other wife signals that our available but not the tmobile one. Just curious if anybody else has an issue. Get the usual operation failed error. Other people with no apple gear connect without a problem.

lostPod

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2022
I had problems with T-Mobile 5g router and returned it. I couldn’t find a way to separate the two different ghz. How is the speed in your area? I was able to connect my ihpone I believe though … have you tried to reset network settings on the phone ?

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
I don not have Tmobile 5g at my home. My friend does and the local cafe does. At the cafe we have a weekly tech meeting. I can no longer to connect to it since they made the move to Tmobile. It Verizon before and I had no problem. My friend just got the Tmobile home 5g. He is an android user he has no problems but I can not connect to his wifi. It seems on the surface to be a Tmobile/Apple issue.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
"Fails to connect" is a little bit iffy, IMHO.

(Maybe it means that none of your friends want you to know the correct WPA password - but that would not be a technical issue, eh?)

Might be a Good Thing™ to ask at the local cafe. You are probably not the only iPhone user that goes to that cafe. If this is a general Apple/iPhone connection problem, maybe they would hear about that almost every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.