Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
I don’t think Japanese can accept it except the richest small group of people. Well Japanese really loves iPhone, may be they can just switch to SE…

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
It’s not only in Japan but other parts of the world due to the exchange rate that the USD has been stronger. You also have to consider import tax/duties for foreign products/inflation too. It’s not a good comparison to noodles since many components go into an iPhone and many of these components are produced in other countries than where the final product is assembled.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
It’s not only in Japan but other parts of the world due to the exchange rate that the USD has been stronger. You also have to consider import tax/duties for foreign products/inflation too. It’s not a good comparison to noodles since many components go into an iPhone and many of these components are produced in other countries than where the final product is assembled.

Are you sure Apple will decrease the prices of iPhones in these countries when USD drops later? Lol xd

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Are you sure Apple will decrease the prices of iPhones in these countries when USD drops later?
I'm pretty sure they'll do - because they've often than it previously.

That said, Apple has been always reluctant to change their prices during a sales cycle. They have, occasionally, adjusted prices after sudden large movements in exchange rates for particular currencies. But mostly they used to absorb these changes until a new model generation is released - just as they did over the last few months in Japan and Europe.

Were the Japanese Yen to appreciate 20 or 30 percent until September 2023, I'll guarantee you that Apple will decrease their prices in Japan on the next iPhone generation.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
I'm pretty sure they'll do - because they've often than it previously.

That said, Apple has been always reluctant to change their prices during a sales cycle. They have, occasionally, adjusted prices after sudden large movements in exchange rates for particular currencies. But mostly they used to absorb these changes until a new model generation is released - just as they did over the last few months in Japan and Europe.

Were the Japanese Yen to appreciate 20 or 30 percent until September 2023, I'll guarantee you that Apple will decrease their prices in Japan on the next iPhone generation.

I never see Apple decrease price of new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.