Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Alright, so I have a lot of .epub format things that I get from a site I go to. Don't worry, nothing illegal.

I can open them up in Freda, and it works alright. The performance is good, there are only a few errors with the actual formatting, and so forth. I was told, though, that Nook can open up .epub as well.

It opens them, alright, but it is just plain white other than the page number and chapter title. In other words, no text.

I don't think there's anything majorly wrong with the file, it opens up in Freda.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Other readers? I found one that worked somewhat and stuck with it. I have gotten a lot of individual files, though. They're from Fimfiction. They range in size, but are never above 100kb.

Error.png

Those underscores are supposed to be apostrophes. The thing is, sometimes they come out as apostrophes and sometimes underscores.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Other readers? I found one that worked somewhat and stuck with it. I have gotten a lot of individual files, though. They're from Fimfiction. They range in size, but are never above 100kb.

Those underscores are supposed to be apostrophes. The thing is, sometimes they come out as apostrophes and sometimes underscores.

ePubs as in the books themselves. (Your image isn't working by the way, says I have to sign in)

I looked into it just now, and they're saying that it's their ePub converter that is the problem and that you should try the FanFictionDownloader for Calibre.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
ePubs as in the books themselves. (Your image isn't working by the way, says I have to sign in)

I looked into it just now, and they're saying that it's their ePub converter that is the problem and that you should try the FanFictionDownloader for Calibre.

Is that an app?

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
iBook says this about the same story

“This page contains the following errors:

error on line 11 at column 89: Opening and ending tag mismatch: hr line 0 and p
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.