Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
finally received the black and orange trail loop. been on order since day 1. overall, not worth the 145 cad. triple the cost of the regular sport loop. while soft and wider, still not worth the cost. love the alpine loop but won’t be buying a second one.

Kitkat52

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
I love the Trail Loop. I ordered my Ultra with that band. However, I would not pay $100 (US) for it, if bought separately. My $49 Sport Loops are equally comfortable in my opinion.

Reactions: twanj

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
finally received the black and orange trail loop. been on order since day 1. overall, not worth the 145 cad. triple the cost of the regular sport loop. while soft and wider, still not worth the cost. love the alpine loop but won’t be buying a second one.

While I appreciate opinions and different point of views, this is not really helpful. Please tell us more about the reasons.
Other than that, it’s double the costs of a Sport Loop. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: the future

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
Sent my Black and Orange back yesterday. I have 3 color sets of the AliExpress ones and frankly they are good enough. The lugs are their weak link. They are just not as snug as the Apple ones. The rest of band is a 99% repro of the Apple.

mac_head

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2020
I have mine since three weeks and I have to say I don’t like it either. Here are my biggest complaints with the band:

- I cannot understand how many reviews called it the “most comfortable” Apple Watch band. For me personally the material feels quite stiff, especially along the edges of the band. My old Nike Sport loop is way more comfortable. When I twist my wrist I can really feel the edges “touching” my skin.
- I have the black/grey version with the orange pull tab and let me tell you the pull tab is straight garbage. It picks up dirt so easily just from resting your hands on a table, e.g. when working at a computer. After three weeks it already looks used - my Nike Sport Loop looked basically new for almost two years and was half the price. This band won’t hold up well in everyday use, let alone in extreme sports or in heavy use scenarios.

I wouldn’t buy it again and I much much prefer my Alpine Loop, even for running.

Reactions: twanj and Mcuserr

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2018
While I appreciate opinions and different point of views, this is not really helpful. Please tell us more about the reasons.
Other than that, it’s double the costs of a Sport Loop. 😉
it’s been covered in this and other threads. cost is a major factor. while it is very soft, it is not worth triple the price. it’s materials while soft dont place it in that category. it is not triple the quality of the sport loop.

i would under no condition buy it again. not because it isn’t apple quality but it’s not a 100 dollar plus band.

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
great contribution post, thanks. in canada it’s 149 plus tax. sports loop is 55 plus tax. so yes it’s triple the cost. 😉

Strange … when I go to the canadian Apple website, the prices are 129 vs. 59. So a lot closer to 2:1 than 3:1.

04BFA870-AD7D-431D-925B-B7488719CA82.jpeg E5BA5D50-AD0A-45B7-B517-8DC6592BA9AA.jpeg

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I like it, but it started making my wrist turn red and itch. It’s odd. I’ve never really had a skin reaction to any Watch band in the past. Apple was extremely helpful though and offered to send me another band.

I definitely think it seems much higher quality than the sports loop. Double the price better…not sure. Regardless, I just can’t do cheap third party knock-offs. The poor lug for just annoys me way too much.

kecinzer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
Czech republic
I have black/gray Trail loop from November 3 and the orange part start to flutter at the bottom under stitches. I found it's caused by swinging into tiatanium lug during putting on hand or taking off from hand. This part getting scratched from titanium lug.
I don't believe that designer didn't noticed it during test. It looks very weird for $99 band 😞.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
I have black/gray Trail loop from November 3 and the orange part start to flutter at the bottom under stitches. I found it's caused by swinging into tiatanium lug during putting on hand or taking off from hand. This part getting scratched from titanium lug.
I don't believe that designer didn't noticed it during test. It looks very weird for $99 band 😞.
Please post a photo if you can. I am interested to see what you mean. By “flutter” do you mean fray?

CR90

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2022
Had one for a couple weeks but it started to fray and my wrist broke out in a rash. Swapped the for a green alpine as I had the orange so knew it would be comfortable. Felt really let down by the quality, certainly not worth the money.

Reactions: mac_head
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.