Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Norway
Is there anyone that can help me.... Im tying to log into my wifi/network , i can choose different networks, i choose the one that is mine, trie to put in my password and it is not accepted.... i Have a TP-link AC1900, Touch P5 and all the other computers in my house have no problems connecting to it, its only my Mac Mini 2014. PLS help

Mac mini, OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Last edited:

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
[doublepost=1464003928][/doublepost]it is less than 2 mtr

There are no objects between the router and the Mini either? (I guess you could check the signal strength on the Mini to confirm whether the signal is being degraded.)

Also, are any of the other computers that do work with the router Macs? (I once had a problem with a router that only showed up when trying to connect from a machine with a particular operating system. It turns out I had to update the firmware on the router to fix the problem.)

batk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2016
Norway
There are no objects between the router and the Mini either? (I guess you could check the signal strength on the Mini to confirm whether the signal is being degraded.)

Also, are any of the other computers that do work with the router Macs? (I once had a problem with a router that only showed up when trying to connect from a machine with a particular operating system. It turns out I had to update the firmware on the router to fix the problem.)
Hi
I have a Macb pro, Ipad, Windows phone and 4-6 other units connected without any problems.

Reactions: jpietrzak8

jpietrzak8

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Hi
I have a Macb pro, Ipad, Windows phone and 4-6 other units connected without any problems.

Well, that would seem to isolate the Mini as the one with the problem. It'd be nice to check it against a different router, to see if it is the specific combination of the Mini and the TP-Link, but I'm not sure of an easy way to do that without bringing in another router or taking the Mini somewhere else...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.