Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
Hi all,

So I have a Windows PC I use and I want to use Apple's iMessage infrastructure on it. And more generally, I want all my iMessages synced between all my devices. Apparently that was enabled in iOS v11.3. I'm running 11.3.1 on my phone and I don't see any option to turn on iMessage sync in iCloud settings. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Hi all,

So I have a Windows PC I use and I want to use Apple's iMessage infrastructure on it. And more generally, I want all my iMessages synced between all my devices. Apparently that was enabled in iOS v11.3. I'm running 11.3.1 on my phone and I don't see any option to turn on iMessage sync in iCloud settings. What am I missing?

Thanks.
It has not been released with iOS 11.3 and is currently being tested on 11.4 beta. However, you will not be able to use iMessage on your PC. It is for Apple devices only.

CrashTestWalrus

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2018
Messages in the cloud is what syncs all the messages between devices, when it works and frustratingly it doesn’t most of the time. That feature is still in beta. It was removed before 11.3 went final and is still being tested in 11.4.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
Maybe I am not understanding what the op is asking. My messages sync between my iPhone and iPad. Running iOS 10.3.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Maybe I am not understanding what the op is asking. My messages sync between my iPhone and iPad. Running iOS 10.3.
If you delete on a message on one does that message automatically get deleted on the other as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.