Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mertb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

I've been an avid Twitter user for years, but recently, I've come to realize that the overall experience hasn't been as enjoyable as before, despite following only a few hundred people. Upon reflection, I've identified the main culprit: the "For You" tab on Twitter. While my default tab is set to "Following," I occasionally find myself clicking on the "For You" tab, only to end up wasting a significant amount of time reading tweets there. Since these tweets are curated by the algorithm, they are specifically designed to grab my attention.

In an effort to curb this habit, I decided to remove the "For You" tab altogether. Initially, I explored various Safari Extensions that claimed to remove specific HTML elements, but I discovered that some of these extensions can access to my browser history. I wasn't comfortable sharing my entire browsing history with a third-party app. However, after conducting some quick research, I stumbled upon something called Content Blocker, which works without accessing any browsing data. I thought I can developed an app that acts like a content blocker, and thus, "Not For Me" was born.

Let me know what you think :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.