Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Have an iPhone 5C, and for the last month or more I have not been receiving audio alerts for text messages and some phone calls. Have checked settings (correctly, I hope) and turned the phone off then back on. Nothing has helped so far. Not sure if this is a sign of the phone's age or just what. Would appreciate suggestions. Thanks!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't have any suggestions for "settings" that you might have missed. It is possible that some preference(s) has/have been corrupted. If corrupt preferences are the culprit a "Restore as New" is in order along with NOT restoring from a backup which would bring the corrupt prefs back. In other words, hours of fun setting up your iPhone from scratch.

Hopefully, it's a setting you might have missed!

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Problem may have been solved! Somehow it looks like I had the "do not disturb" turned on. Don't know how that happened since I never use it. Not even sure how to deliberately turn it on. At any rate, it is off now and I am getting alerts on texts. Will see if the phone rings soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.