Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
My wife's 2020 MBA running Ventura 13.3.1.a does not chime or put up a flag showing she has a new text. It's a new problem, just noticed it this morning. Text is received fine, just no notification. I have 13.3.1a on my iMac and no problems. Both our "Notification" are set the same, just hers is acting up.
TIA

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
My wife's 2020 MBA running Ventura 13.3.1.a does not chime or put up a flag showing she has a new text. It's a new problem, just noticed it this morning. Text is received fine, just no notification. I have 13.3.1a on my iMac and no problems. Both our "Notification" are set the same, just hers is acting up.
TIA
Look under System Settings, Notifications (on the left side), then select Messages on the right. You might have to scroll down. I would compare the settings between both of your Macs and see if there's a difference

Edit: I see you said they were set the same. Maybe double check but IDK sorry

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Hey again everybody, my wife's MBA is not showing Notifications for Messages/texts. Notifications are working everywhere else but Messages. They work fine on my 2017 21" iMac, and in system settings both machines are set up the same way for notifications in Messages. We both are running Ventura 13.4, but we upgraded to Ventura a few weeks ago and I think that's when it happened. Is there anything I've overlooked? Asie from agreeing that system settings sucks! 😁

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.