Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2012
USA
I received a Playstation VR bundle for Christmas. While I am thankful, I don't think the VR is for me. I played it an hour on the first day and got extreme dizziness and motion sickness. Now I usually don't get that way and love riding rollercoaster etc, but this is different. I tried it out again a few days later and the same exact thing happened. I am not a huge gamer, and just wasn't impressed with it either. I honestly had no idea I was getting this for Christmas and didn't even want it or ask for it. I have a PS4 Slim but rarely use it to begin with. I am certain this VR Bundle is going back if I can. But I am not sure if I can even return an opened VR bundle as most stores don't allow returns on opened video games. It was purchased from Target. It came with 2 game discs inside that I opened tried out. I'm thinking I might have to put it on eBay or Facebook to sell it. Just curious if anyone else feels the same way about the PSVR? And does anyone know for sure if the bundle is returnable if opened - being a video game and all? Thanks

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I *think* you can since it is considered an Accessory rather than just a game.

Make sure you kept everything including the packaging and have the receipt as it was on sale with extra discounts at Target and you'll need the receipt to prove how much you actually paid.

I love PSVR but understand the feeling you may get with certain games. The way I was able to fix it was to upgrade to the PS4 Pro which gives slightly better resolution and better head-tracking (which is some of the cause of motion sickness).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.