Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I used to be able to make phone calls from my HomePod, no problem but lately with the majority of contacts in my iPhone I receive back from Siri, the reply its not in your contact list, is there a reason for this, I've tried resetting it a couple of times without success.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
I had the same problem will I updated my HomePod so no idea then. Maybe restart your router then HomePod and phone.

Jgltno

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2014
I’m having the same issue. Started recently too. Siri tells me it can’t locate the contact when asking to send a message on my HomePod. Tried toggling switches off & on, deleting and adding HomePod again but still does not work. I’m thinking because I’m on iOS 14 beta 7 and my HomePod is still running 13.4.8 - there may be a bug preventing Siri from accessing your contacts? I reported it on Apple Feedback app and numerous users are encountering this problem. Hopefully there’s a fix soon.

Reactions: slvrscoobie

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
I think it is because Last year I took ios 13 off my iPhone when it was in Beta that's why I said in my previous post I don't think after this public beta I will download another one for my iPhone because if you think of it Apples eco-system includes all these intertwined. ie you can't have one without the other because AW relies on iPhone and most of the things a home pod rely on are on an iPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.