Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I guess the new architecture kicked their collective a$$es enough

Last edited:

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
"The Home app adds the ability for users to view up to 30 days of activity history across door locks, garage doors, alarm systems, and contact sensors."

Source: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/06/ios-17-makes-iphone-more-personal-and-intuitive/

I don't know... HomeKit is okay as it is I guess. I don't suppose they've considered a time-machine type option to restore a home that got accidentally wiped or corrupted somehow. Or the ability to nominate a primary and back up hub. I can UPS a couple of hubs, but not all of them.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
New York
"The Home app adds the ability for users to view up to 30 days of activity history across door locks, garage doors, alarm systems, and contact sensors."

Source: https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2023/06/ios-17-makes-iphone-more-personal-and-intuitive/

I don't know... HomeKit is okay as it is I guess. I don't suppose they've considered a time-machine type option to restore a home that got accidentally wiped or corrupted somehow. Or the ability to nominate a primary and back up hub. I can UPS a couple of hubs, but not all of them.
That wasnā€™t mentioned in the keynote but logs are good. Was hoping for selecting a primary hub, like you mentioned, and guest access to certain accessories. Even a pull down to refresh so donā€™t have to force close the app every time statuses fail to update.

Reactions: dotme

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
There is a new UI for changing light colour.

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 11.05.50.jpeg.png

Reactions: Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.