Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
Last night my family went to see the new movie MAN OF THE HOUSE and in one part of it, the cheerleaders were upstairs using an iBook. Well, on the outside case of the iBook was like some orange plastic "protector" looking thing. My mom really likes it and she has a g4 iBook, the same 14" that these cheerleaders had. If anyone has seen that movie and remembers/knows what i'm talking about please let me know so i can tell her. Thanks...

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I'm not real sure what you're talking about, but it piqued my interest so I did a quick search. I couldn't find anything matching your description, but I did find a site purporting to love Macs selling a screen protector for your new 17" iBook. Which looks suspiciously like my 15" Ti PB... :rolleyes:

ibook.jpg

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
There are several scenes in Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason that shows the old style cinema display with the OSX interface. Whole bunch of multi-colored stickies adorned the display. It was leaning back quite a bit, probably to reduce reflections from the light or the camera crew.

Alias uses PowerBooks a lot in their shows, although they cover up the Apple logo with a huge red dot. :eek:

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
i just want to know what the orange thing is that is acting like a protective/decorative logo on the outside of the case (where the light-up apple logo is now). My mom really thought it was cool...

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
h0e0h said:
Last night my family went to see the new movie MAN OF THE HOUSE and in one part of it, the cheerleaders were upstairs using an iBook. Well, on the outside case of the iBook was like some orange plastic "protector" looking thing. My mom really likes it and she has a g4 iBook, the same 14" that these cheerleaders had. If anyone has seen that movie and remembers/knows what i'm talking about please let me know so i can tell her. Thanks...

There used to be a company selling them called Mac Skinz
but they are having some problems with production, you may still find some on ebay.
Their website is http://www.macskinz.com/ and they currently make some for the iPod line.
Hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.